Firstly: How would I describe myself?
Creative, quirky and passionate.
I have done many things in my life, made some fantastic decisions and some incredibly stupid ones. Many have taken me down roads I never wanted to venture down, and it took me a while to get back on track. Once on track, there was no stopping me, this was when I meet a fantastic man who is now my best friend and husband.
A jack of many trades master of none sums up my “career”. I started travelling in my late teens, then years later with a one-way ticket to London, what was I thinking? Worked on a cruise liner as a stewardess to working in many hotels as a bartender/waitress. Then in between those jobs, had me working alongside people with disabilities. My last job was as a Qualified Preschool teacher, which I left quite a few years ago to manage our small orchard that the Squire and I created from bare land, which we sold in 2008.
A few more facts about myself!
- I am an early starter in a few of life’s challenges and a late starter in many. One example of my lateness is completing 10 half marathons [competitive walker] and one triathlon in my fifties.
- My first trip overseas was to Melbourne in the 1970’s when passports were not required. Have been travelling on and off since then.
- I love to garden and have this strange infliction of enjoying mowing lawns.
- Don’t stand in the way of me and a good cup of coffee in the morning.
- I have a very contagious laugh, and I love to make people laugh.
Information about the Squire and I, as Globalhousesitters
House and pet-sitting appeals as we genuinely love animals and when walking dogs, we engage with the locals and become, for a little while, part of that community.
We love learning about new cultures, trying different foods and the history of various countries we are fortunate enough to visit.
At the beginning of August 2018- we have completed 34 housesits.
Art, design and history are other interests of ours. Which means I write not only about our travels, and, the animals we care for, I will also include interviews with creative people and housesitters from around the world.
For more information check out these posts:
Thanks for reading and leave a message I would love to hear from you.
Suz and the Squire xx
P.S. Can you tell I do not like having my photograph taken? Must get a few new photos of myself and the Squire!